McDonald’s Milkshake

I may be advertising agnostic, but I ain’t oblivious to whiz-bang creative. This billboard from McDonald’s is wicked good.

Mcdonalds_ooh

SOURCE | Advertising Age | Dec. 19, 2005

• Gary says:

You don’t have to stop hating what most people try to do with advertising to admire a good creative piece that ACTUALLY SELLS SOMETHING. This fits nicely with the idea that advertising still works to remind people of some brand/product they’re already familiar with. And it shows the product, what a concept!

• IF says:

McDonalds ShakeSometimes a little ingenuity can make regular billboards stand out. (Than ks to Brand Autopsy for the tip off) Click image to enlarge…

• Tom Asacker says:

But would you buy the shake? ;)

• Mary Schmidt says:

Don’t know if I’d go out of my way to buy the shake – after all, that’d mean I would have to actually go to a Mickey D’s (and such visits are largely limited to bio breaks on various turnpikes when I have no other option.) But, if they had a store/kiosk right there – yes, I just might. And, as long as I was being bad, I might just get some fries too!The sign makes me smile and humor is (almost) always a great way to connect with customers.

• Hi JohnThis is a great ad indeed.And I read the “advertising agnostic” article. I believe both measures help to increase sales: product improvement and advertising. The choice depends on how good the company knows their clients.My best regards.

• IF says:

McDonalds ShakeSometimes a little ingenuity can make regular billboards stand out. (Thanks to Brand Autopsy for the tip off) Click image to enlarge…

• Gena Suarez says:

Too funny! What a great billboard! Hey, thanks for all you do on this site; it’s helping a lot of people. I have permanently linked to it from PRMama. Keep up the great work.-gena

• Very Nice.Never would have gotten past the legal department I work with though. Because in reality if you turn a McDonalds shake up-side down it wont stay in the cup!They are so inside the box!!

• DUST!N says:

The real question is whether or not there is a McDonalds right near that billboard.What is it that Jay Conrad Levinson of Guerrilla Marketing fame wrote?The best two words on a billboard are “Next Exit.” (or something to that effect)

• That’s a really good one.

• Very original indeed. Never seen such a thing like that before.btw, perhaps you want to check this billboard too(which I posted in my blog several months ago: http://hermawan.typepad.com/blog/2005/10/is_it_just_a_bi.html).It was placed somewhehre in India and won an award in Asia-Pacific Advertising Festival 2005 held in Pattaya Thailand….

• geno church says:

Now that’s a thick shake. Great find John.

• McDonalds AdA creative billboard by McDonalds