Would you miss Dunder Mifflin?

Continuing my “Would you Miss” series

Dundermifflin3_2

Does Dunder Mifflin provide such a unique product and customer experience that we would be saddened if it didn’t exist? Does Dunder Mifflin treat its employees so astonishingly well that those workers would not be able to find another employer to treat them as well? Does Dunder Mifflin forge such unfailing emotional connections with its customers that they would fail to find another shipping company that could forge just as strong an emotional bond?

What say you?

Post inspiration | Mavericks at Work

• Quite frankly I don’t even *really* get what Dunder Mifflin does.I mean… they don’t provide that much more service or options than going to a Staples or Office Depot.And quite frankly… while some may call it refreshingly honest… I think their “Think Green” policy is too self serving.This from their website:Dunder Mifflin is committed to improving the environment. That’s why we plant a tree for each and every metric ton of paper that we ship. We look at it as an investment in the future because without trees, we have no paper and without paper, we have no business.Furthermore, a ton of paper actually destroys 18 trees. So planting a single tree doesn’t do much good.

• Well, what would we do at 8PM on Thursday if they did.

• Bill Gammell says:

I’d definitely miss them. They may need a little with their brand (and maybe a name change). Michael Scott always pushes the idea that they are all about “customer service”, but then turns around and takes back the gift baskets given to former clients. They also need to work on how to properly apologize for a inappropriate watermarks on their paper.Given a little time, hard work and keeping Creed away from anything having to do with the brand and they’ll do fine.

• Chris Wilson says:

I would horrified if Dunder was no more. All I would have left is the re-runs on channel 10 and a lonely theme song as the ringtone on my phone.

• Chris says:

Dwight would have to start working on the beet farm again

• Pat Nerr says:

The real question is “If Ryan started a pita fire at Dunder Mifflin and nobody was there to see it… did it really happen?”There’s where your nuggets of wisdom are John…

• 1. Yes2. Are you kidding?3. Yes

• B-Rad says:

FACT: I would miss the “Dundies”FACT: It would be hard not to miss it”THAT’S WHAT SHE SAID”

• There’s a little bit of Dunder Mifflin in all of us.

• @Tottaly Consumed- “that’s what she said”- Michael Scott.

• James Seay says:

I think that Ryan was on the right track trying to rebrand Dunder Mifflin. I would miss the people of Dunder Mifflin, but they have a serious branding problem and will be demolished by the well established brand, Staples. Sorry Dwight, gift baskets are not the key to winning business.

• Well, after having my identity stolen in their “community” area I was skeptical as to whether I would want to shop there any more. I have to admit, though, that Jim is the coolest sales rep I have ever dealt with. It broke my heart when I bought from Dwight that day, but Dwight gave me a better deal.

• Susan says:

This is the classic question on the relevance of the old establishment, vs. the new guys. Whereas I would miss Dunder Mifflin, I actually switched to Staples two years ago. Sorry Jim, but when you got back together with Pam, I had to let you go.

• I’ve heard rumors of Angela and Dwight conjugating on the office desks at night. Also, they had the fiasco with the cartoon character watermarks. That’s two strikes, and then there is Andy. He’s three strikes by himself.All that to say, Michael takes me to Chili’s for our meetings, so I’m 100% on board with Dunder Mifflin. Yes I would miss the brand.

• I’m afraid that the website will go away, what will I do without dundermifflininfinity.com? Where will I go to discuss my love of paper?